No More Deaths Bookkeeper
Conditions: $600 per month. 6 month contract with possibility of extension
Application Deadline: October 9th, 2018
No More Deaths is a volunteer-led, direct service organization that provides food, water and other needed services to migrants in the southwest borderlands. We have a rotating staff of between 4-10 employees and many dozens of regular volunteers. Looking for a bookkeeper who can track innumerable small details and weather interfacing with countless volunteers unfamiliar with GAAP standards.
- Hold weekly office hours in South Tucson
- Process donations
- Process, issue checks for and mail reimbursements
- Track bill schedule and pay bills
- Input all payments and donations into QuickBooks
- Manage GL entries
- Reconcile all accounts monthly
- Generate reports for the organization and our fiscal sponsor
- Interpret financial statements to organization upon request
- Bottomline annual budgeting process
- Troubleshoot financial issues as they arise
- Communicate with fiscal sponsor as needed
- Attend monthly finance meeting, monthly personnel meeting and other organizational meetings upon request
- Ensure GAAP compliance
- Experience doing finances for scrappy, grassroots, volunteer/understaffed organizations
- Three years Quickbook desktop experience
- Ability to troubleshoot financial SNAFUs and communicate issues clearly with members of the organization
- Self-motivated and able to work independent of supervision
To Apply: send resume and a cover letter with answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s your experience working without a direct supervisor to answer questions on call?
- What would you do in a situation where a volunteer wants a reimbursement but turns in an incomplete reimbursement form with illegible receipts?
- Please describe your understanding of border/immigration issues currently contested in southern Arizona. What role do you understand No More Deaths to play in responding to these issues?
- Do you have experience doing books for a fiscally sponsored organization? If so, explain. If not, what questions does this pose for you?